Castle closed until further notice. High tourist season opening suspended
Set of rules setting out binding conditions for public access
Extract from the Visiting Regulations:
Article 2 – ORGANIZATION OF VISITING OPERATIONS
- Ticket Office is opened from 9.00 on visiting days.
- The time of the first tour and the interval between individual tours that are available only with a guide are set by the administration of the heritage building. The maximum capacity of the tours and of the building itself are limited by the operational conditions of the building and the safety of visitors.
- Guided tours take place in groups with a minimum of 5 people for the basic tour and this includes people who do not pay (visitors with the right to free admission, employees of the National Heritage Institute, children under 6, etc.). A group with less than 5 visitors will wait for the following tour, which will take place regardless of the number of participants. Should those wanting a tour not wish to wait for the next tour time, or if they want a separate tour only for their group which is smaller than the maximum number of people in a group as given in the overview of the tours in Article 1, they will pay the admission fee as for a full group. The size of the group depends on the operational possibilities of the building and safety considerations. Exceptions can only be made by the head of the administration of the heritage building.
- Group excursions as well as individuals can reserve tours. It is necessary to agree in advance in writing, by phone, by e-mail or using the electronic reservation system with the administration of the heritage building on the exact day and time of the start of the tour. If the booked tour group does not present itself at least 15 minutes before the agreed time for the tour at the building’s cash desk, the tour reservation will be cancelled.
Article 3 – ADMISSION
- Admission is paid in advance. The admission prices for a particular year are determined by the National Heritage Institute, Regional Historic Sites Management in Kroměříž. The prices can be seen at the ticket office and in the office of the management of the cultural monument. Upon entrance into the monument area or by purchasing a ticket/s, every visitor commits themselves to adhere to the instructions of staff and the visiting regulations of the cultural monument. After payment of admission, the visitor receives a ticket (group leader receives a bulk ticket), in case of visitor tours accessible only with a guide, tickets contain data about the time of a tour and when the ticket is valid.
- If a visitor does not attend the tour at the time marked on the ticket, it is then invalid.
- Purchased tickets will not be refunded.
- Visitors have to show the ticket when entering the tour and must retain it for the entire duration of the tour and show it upon request.
- The cost of admission and any discounts are set at the current price.
Article 4 – TOURS OF THE CULTURAL MONUMENT
- From the perspective of the visitors’ regulations anyone in the building during visiting hours aside from the staff of the building will be considered to be a visitor and thus obliged to obey these visitors’ regulations.
- Children up to the age of 15 may only enter the building if accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for the behaviour of the child and his/her adherence to the visitors’ regulations.
- The responsibility of the administration of the heritage building for any damage to visitors will be governed by the generally binding regulations.
- Movement around the building is permitted only on the defined and marked routes.
- It is forbidden to leave unattended baggage or other items outside certain restricted areas.
- The visitor can ask the building’s staff for help in the event of any kind of accident.
Article 5 – PROTECTION OF THE CULTURAL MONUMENT
AND SECURITY OF THE COLLECTIONS
- Within the building visitors are obliged to follow the instructions of staff of the administration of the heritage building. Should a visitor fail to heed an instruction or order given in the interests of the security of visitors, or the protection of the building and the collections they will be expelled from the building without a refund of their admission fee and will have duty to leave immediately. Aside from this the visitor will also face the threat of prosecution under generally binding regulations.
- For the protection of the building, visitors and collections selected outdoor and indoor areas are monitored by CCTV system.
- People who for good reason are suspected of being drunk or under the influence of drugs are forbidden to enter the premises of the heritage building.
- Smoking is forbidden throughout the building and areal as is any form of handling open flames. Should there be a fire visitors are obliged to follow the instructions of the staff of the heritage building.
- For safety reasons the carrying or use of weapons, whether firearms or non-firearms, is forbidden in the building, including replicas.
- It is forbidden to enter the furnished interiors of the building with bulky luggage, bags, umbrellas and animals.
- Visitors with heavily soiled, insufficient or inappropriate clothing are not allowed to enter the building.
- At the moment when the loss of or damage to a historical/artistic artefact is discovered during a tour all visitors who at that time are within the heritage building are obliged to submit to all security measures (including a personal search by the members of the Czech police).
- It is forbidden in any way to damage or threaten the building, its collections and other property with the premises of the building.
In particular it is forbidden to:
a) touch the walls and exhibited items, write or paint on the walls, dig into them or otherwise damage them;
b) leave he indicated routes or move away from the guide and the group during the commentary;
c) disturb with noise (conversation, music, singing, use of mobile telephones and other mobile playback devices, loud speech and similar) other visitors or the commentary of the guide or to otherwise inconvenience visitors to the building. Failing to follow this condition can constitute reason for expulsion from the tour without a refund;
d) eat drink and chew gum in the interiors, or to enter them with ice creams, drinks, food, etc.
e) throw anything into the fountain, pick flowers, pick fruit, break branches off trees and hedges, walk on the grass and outside the marked paths, frighten wild animals and birds, camp in the premises of the building, to put up posters, advertise any goods, services or events or otherwise disturb the peace and good order;
f) ride in the premises of the building in any kid of vehicle including bicycles (the only exceptions being wheelchairs and prams and pushchairs). Bicycles can be left within the premises of the building only in the designated places;
g) park motor vehicles outside the designated space of the public car park;
h) free movement of dogs and other animals is prohibited. Entrance into the interiors dogs and other animals is strictly forbidden.
- In the building it is forbidden to touch cabinets with electrical wiring, signalling equipment, fire equipment or any other technical facilities. The administration of the building will not accept any responsibility for injuries or damage arising from failure to adhere to this prohibition.
- Taking photographs, filming and the creation of any documentation using flash, tripod, selfie sticks, or any other lighting and instrumental techniques in interiors of the monument or other designated places is forbidden.
- It is forbidden to use any photographs videos or other records made in the premises of the heritage building for commercial purposes without the explicit written permission of the National Heritage Institute, Regional Department Kroměříž. On the basis of a written request the National Heritage Institute, Regional Department Kroměříž will permit exceptions for scientific documentary, promotional and other purposes.
- Throughout the heritage building premises it is forbidden to fly pilotless aircraft (drones, multicopters, etc.) and model aircraft without the previous agreement of the head of the administration of the heritage building.
Exception for scientific, documentation, promotional and other purposes may be granted upon written application to the National Heritage Institute, Regional Historic Sites Management in Kroměříž.
- Visitors are responsible to the management of the cultural monument for any breaches of the visiting regulations and inflicted damages. The management of the cultural monument is not responsible for injuries and damages arisen as a result of non-compliance of the visiting regulations. Liability for any damages incurred by visitors is regulated by the general regulations.
- Exception from the visiting regulations may be permitted by the management of the cultural monument in any reasonable cases.
- The Castle Theatre and the Winter Riding-Hall have their own specific visiting and fire regulations.